3 Myths About Creating Consistent Content

0
104



When you consistently show up for your audience and deliver amazing value, a bond begins to form. They will start to trust you and know who you are and what you stand for.

This is why it is so important that you have a content marketing strategy in place so that you can present yourself to your audience in a way that feels good to you.

Today I want to break down three myths about creating consistent content so you can overcome the obstacles that are holding you back.

Myth # 1 – You have to show up every day

When most people think of creating consistent content, they immediately think that they need to post on a daily basis or appear wherever they can online.

That is not true.

Consistency means something different for everyone. I haven’t found anyone yet who has cracked the code to the exact amount you need to post per day or per week to get a certain result.

One person could post a few times a week and grow their business while another person could post once a week and grow their business too.

It’s about figuring out what works for you and your audience.

Find out what it means to you to turn up regularly.

How often do you want to show up?

How often can you view and create content?

It is important that you decide on your schedule and stick to it consistently.

Having a consistent schedule not only helps build your brand, it also builds your credibility.

Myth # 2 – You have to create a lot of new content

Consistent content creation doesn’t mean you have to create something new every day.

I think this myth mainly comes from people trying to build their business only through social media.

In that case, you would feel compelled to post something new every day as fast-paced social media platforms are compared to a hub for your business.

When I say hub, I’m just referring to your primary method of creating content.

These can be blog posts, videos, podcast episodes, or even live streams. This type of content has a longer lifespan and doesn’t require you to create something new every day as you can reuse it in a number of different ways.

Read more about the conversion:

When you have hub content, you can expand your reach by using the same content and recycling it to attract more people instead of wasting time creating something new again.

I always find new ways to promote my content. I only spend about 20% on creating and the other 80% on promoting and reusing.

Myth # 3 – It’s hard to do

Frankly, this myth is what is most likely stopping you from growing your business.

They believe that viewing and creating consistent content is too difficult that you don’t even try.

The key to making it so much easier for yourself is a plan.

If you plan ahead and know the steps to follow when creating new content, you will be notified of what to do every day.

It doesn’t have to be an extravagant process, but something simple and repeatable.

Personally, I like building a system with Asana so I don’t always have to worry about the next step.

For more information on creating a template, see here.

When you sit there reading this thought that it is difficult to produce consistent content, I urge you to spend 30 minutes working out a plan to follow.

Here are some ideas of what to include:

  • Where will you be promoting your content?

  • How can you reuse it?

  • What days will your content go live?

  • What days can you block in your schedule from creating and promoting your content?

  • What content can you stack?

  • What content topics will you be creating for the coming month?

::

Read more about how to create consistent content for your business.

You may also like …

When you’re ready to start creating consistent content for your blog or business, be sure to download my Consistent Content Roadmap.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here