This article contains links that we may receive compensation if you click on them at no cost to you.
In the past six years, I’ve written over a million words about money, conducted over 1,000 media and podcast interviews, written an international bestseller, and spoken to more readers than I can count. Here are the 50 things I learned about money over the course of this trip.
1. Money is a mindset. It can be learned. You can find out.
2. Money gives you time. Time is not money – it is much more valuable.
3rd Money can’t buy happiness … but it doesn’t matter because happiness is too small a goal. What is it that really makes you alive? And how can you use money to achieve it?
4th Money is easy once you figure it out. You will learn more about it the more time you spend on it.
5. Money is a reflection of who you are. The better you know yourself, the easier it is to define success.
6th Money is not a tool. It’s a form of energy. Calling it just a tool limits its power and potential. How you make and spend your money affects the world.
7th Money can buy you freedom, but most people don’t take advantage of the freedom they already have.
8th. Money has diminishing returns. Just being able to buy what you want doesn’t mean you have to buy it anymore.
9. Money is complicated and made confusing by people trying to take it away from you.
10. Money will mean more to you if you remember the energy you put into making it.
11. Money isn’t fair, but it should be fairer. Not everyone has the options you have, so don’t waste them.
12th Money can improve the quality of your life as long as you know what you want. If you don’t define what you want, you end up buying what someone else wants and then you’re left unsatisfied.
13th Money wasn’t always there. People have made it and are constantly rethinking it.
14th Money means options. It gives you choices and can expand your life.
fifteen. Money should be talked about. Share your salary, what worked and what didn’t, share blueprints.
16. Money will change your relationship with it if you let it. Take the time to develop a relationship with money. The more time you spend on it, the more you learn about money and yourself. It will be with you for the rest of your life.
17th Money is how you see the world. Freedom is freedom of the mind.
18th Money is like life; You can learn from this if you are careful.
19th Money is a compromise. You have to choose what you want to trade it for.
20th Money is best when shared. Somehow it’s more fun giving away money than making it. We are social animals built to help others; Giving makes us happy.
21st Money is not real. But then there is nothing so don’t worry. Just enjoy it.
22nd Earning money is the key to financial freedom. It is really that easy.
23 Money is not worth losing sleep. Even so, money is the number one stress factor in most people’s lives. This stress is hard to get past, but you can find out.
24 Money is not evil. It is neither bad nor good. It’s easy. It’s all we project onto it.
25th Money is personal power. You can use it to turn your desires into reality, to make the unreal come true.
26th Money shouldn’t be over-optimized. Don’t worry about spreadsheets or your savings rate. I see that way too often. Put money in its place in your life and then focus your energies on more important things.
27 Money has limits and so does freedom. There is only so much and we can start with our life. Finding your own limits and acting within them is the key to a rich life.
28. Money enlarged everything. It just does. Be careful: making more money won’t solve all of your problems, but it can solve some of them.
29 Money comes and goes. Don’t hold it too tight. This is the most important lesson I’ve learned and I try to remember it every day.
30th Money is simple: earn more, spend less, save the rest. Don’t make it too complicated, just stick with it and you will have more money than you ever thought possible.
31. Money is a mind game. Don’t get stuck in your head; we are our own worst enemies. Find your blind spots, correct them, and move on.
32. Money is sometimes an excuse for something else. People often say they want more money, but it’s always easier to chase money than to deal with what we’re running from.
33. Money is used by the rich to get richer and, unfortunately, sometimes to keep others poor. Be on the right side of the story. You can get richer while helping others do the same.
34. Money changes you if you let it. Money can make you want things that you didn’t want before. It can trap you in unhelpful dreams. You can get stuck, but that is your choice.
35. Money doesn’t discriminate, people do. Use it for good.
36. You don’t know money experts. I am not an expert, I only have one perspective. Take what you can from it. Your life is yours
37. Money is not worth sacrificing your health. It took me too long to learn this lesson. Letting go of my health is my biggest money regret. It is not worth.
38. Money is worth managing yourself. I never understood why someone would want to outsource one of their most precious assets. Why would you leave your freedom to someone else? Your Life someone else to manage? I don’t hate financial advisors, but even if you work with one, you should manage your money yourself. Pay by the hour, not a percentage of your wealth.
39. Money controls you or you control it. There is no gray area. If you think it is, then money controls you. I see this all the time.
40. Money rules the world, unfortunately and fortunately. You probably can’t change the game, so learn the rules and then master the game. There are rule books. Read them.
41. Money takes time – to make money, save and grow. Be patient, but not complacent.
42. Money is infinite – you can always go out and make more money. If you think you can’t, you’ve already lost the game.
43. Money always flows like water to new places and opens up new opportunities.
44. Money will continue to change in the course of our change, from physical to digital, from object to pixel. From shells to coins to paper and crypto, it will evolve like everything else.
45. Money means whatever you want. You can choose what it means for you and your life, what you are willing to sacrifice for whether you let it stress you. What does it mean to you
46. Money has value, but its value is your choice. Most of the time, you can decide what to buy and whether it is “worth it”. Choose wisely.
47. Money is reborn every moment, just like everything else. Money lives. Do not forget that.
48. Money is not about “more”. It’s about “enough”. How much is enough That is the most important question and only you can answer it yourself.
49. As in life, money is about taking calculated risks. The better you know yourself, the easier it is for you to take risks. They expand your life and teach you things. Don’t be afraid, but don’t risk everything. The best advice of all time is “Don’t Lose Money” from Warren Buffett.
50. Money is only important if it helps you live a life you love. This is how I live my life.
To learn more about how I became a millionaire at 30 and the key steps you can take to create more freedom in your life, read my book Financial freedom, available in many languages anywhere books are sold or at your local library.
I wish you much success and peace on your way!