Many Coloradans, like others around the country, saw the pandemic as an opportunity to reassess their work and decided to take the plunge into their own company. According to the US Chamber of Commerce, the Small Business Index is 63.0 in the fourth quarter of 2021, the highest value since the pandemic began. * While this number shows cautious optimism for 2022, small businesses are still hit by staff shortages and supply chain problems, and the increase in the number of Inflation.
To help small business owners in the Front Range of Colorado, we’d like to share some of the resources they have at their disposal to make 2022 a successful year, be it their first year in business or their 40that.
Colorado Office of Economic Development & International Trade
The Colorado Office of Economic Development & International Trade offers a variety of resources for small businesses, including grants, training and certifications, technical assistance, and marketing assistance.
- Scholarships – Scholarships are offered in a variety of sectors including technology, nonprofits, and the arts.
- Colorado Business Resource Book – The Complete Guide to Help You Start and Run a Colorado Business.
- Colorado.com Advertising Opportunities – This program helps businesses and tourism partners advertise on Colorado.com.
- Colorado Opportunity Zone Program – This federal program provides tax incentives for investors to invest in real estate projects in designated low-income communities, which encourages long-term investment.
- Bid Advance Response Program – This is a six month mentoring program that helps small businesses owned by minorities, women, and veterans understand and win government bids.
Additional resources from the Colorado Office of Economic Development & International Trade are available here.
Colorado Small Business Development Center Network
The Colorado Small Business Development Center Network is dedicated to supporting new and existing small businesses in Colorado with free and confidential counseling and free or low-cost training programs.
Additional information and resources from the Colorado Small Business Development Center Network are available here.
US Small Business Administration
The US Small Business Administration is the only US federal cabinet-level agency dedicated to small businesses. It offers resources such as funding and COVID-19 aid, federal contracts, an online learning platform, and local support.
Additional resources from the US Small Business Administration can be found here.
Elevations Business Banking Team
Another resource available to you in the Front Range of Colorado is the Elevations Business Banking team. Do you have questions about small businesses, corporate loans and lines of credit, expanding your business, buying a building for your company, or general questions? Our Elevations Business Banking Relationship Managers are here to help.
Make an appointment or contact one of our experienced Business Banking Relationship Managers.
* US Chamber of Commerce