We’re giving one lucky reader the chance to win a dog food package from Vet’s Kitchen!
Win a dog food package from Vet’s Kitchen with:
– 1 x 1kg Protect & Care dry dog food salmon & brown rice (senior)
– 2 x Little Stars Chicken Treats for Smart Dogs
– 2 x Little Stars salmon treats for active dogs
– 2 x Little Stars pork treats for sensitive dogs (grain-free)
Teaching an old dog new tricks …
The pet food brand Vet’s Kitchen launched an initiative this summer to support the country’s older dogs. The brand offers a free consultation with its in-house animal nutritionist Fiona Firth as well as new 1 kg bags for the entire range of dog foods. This initiative enables pet owners to cost-effectively test their dog with a new product ranging from sensitive grooming to a healthy weight.
“Many pet owners keep their dog on the same diet without realizing that it can be beneficial to switch between different phases of life. When it comes to helping older dogs, we encourage owners to choose a “senior” product when their pet turns seven, ”says General Manager Laura Shears.
Fiona Firth, Vet’s Kitchen Animal Nutritionist, says, “Choosing an age-appropriate food for your dog will give him the nutritional boost and support he needs to stay healthy longer. I recommend Vet’s Kitchen’s senior range for dogs seven years and older, which contains higher levels of glucosamine for joint support and ingredients to support a healthy heart and maintain a healthy weight.
The dog’s metabolism slows down as it ages, which means it can gain weight. Choosing different foods can help you stay in shape and avoid the problems caused by being overweight, including putting unnecessary stress on your joints and heart problems. Simply reducing your calorie intake can be problematic, however, so switching to a senior formula that is high in protein and lower in fat is recommended.
Unfortunately, 80% of dogs aged 8 and over have osteoarthritis. Additional joint supplements in senior diets can slow the occurrence of this problem, but unfortunately cannot prevent it. The senior range from Vet’s Kitchen contains glucosamine for additional support for the joints. The brand encourages owners to contact their veterinarian and find out how to manage the pain if they suspect their dog is suffering or suffering from stiff joints.
“There are a number of questions a dog owner should ask themselves before choosing the right food for their dog. Age is an important factor, as is whether you have a sensitive stomach or are slightly overweight. Vet’s Kitchen has products to take care of dogs of all shapes and sizes. Our simple flow chart can help owners find the perfect food for their dog, ”says Fiona.
To learn more about Vet’s Kitchen, visit vetskitchen.co.uk.
Simply follow the instructions below to participate.
a Rafflecopter competition
The competition ends on Wednesday, July 21st at midnight. The winner will be announced on our competition winners page. Good luck to all!
Terms and Conditions
- This competition is sponsored by MoneyMagpie (“Organizer”).
- The competition is only open to UK residents aged 18 and over. No purchase required.
- The award is provided by Vet’s Kitchen.
- The competition is not open to employees (and their families) of the organizer MoneyMagpie or the partner Vet’s Kitchen, their representatives or connected third parties who are directly connected with the implementation of the competition.
- The organizer is not liable for lost or delayed competition entries.
- The winner will be selected at random by an independent jury and notified by email or phone. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By participating in the competition, you agree to the notification by the organizer. Upon such notification, the winner must provide the Promoter with full details of their mailing address to which the prize (if any) will be delivered.
- If the Promoter fails to: (a) contact the winner (using the details provided on the day of entry) within 5 working days or (b) the winner fails to return their mailing address to the Promoter within 14 days of being notified that they have won the prize, the organizer reserves the right to draw a new winner until a winner has been found under these conditions.