- 0 dividend increases
- 3 sources of passive income
- $ 872.00 from dividends
- 16 stocks dropped in July
Hey hey hey!
The market continues to move sideways, up one day and down the next. Most companies’ profits seem to be really impressive in general. We’re hearing more Covid talk, but the market seems to be ignoring it for now, at least.
Summer! Life was just fantastic. Things have been busy but the smile is big.
- Our children started playing soccer this month. Now 3 days a week. Our son is 8 so he’s starting to get competitive. My wife is really starting to be one of those soccer moms…. It’s great to see, but when she yells at the kids to keep playing and the balls clearly out – you have to laugh
- Went to Pinery Camping to start the month.
- Over the weekend, my son and I went to their cottage with a friend and my son’s best friend. Got quad biking, boating, playing games, fishing, and drinking a lot.
- The next weekend the woman took me on a fishing trip with one of my best friends. We caught over 40 pike, the fishing was fantastic. I was wearing a monster, but it literally spooled me. Argh!
- Otherwise we stayed here, swam in pools, went to the beaches, had a barbecue with the neighbors
It’s pretty safe to say that this month has been a fantastic month, but August could be even better. As I write this, the woman is starting to pack a few things while we have the rest of the week off to try out a new campsite.
Go out there and live it, one life – one love.
Okay, let’s get to our passive income in July 2021
Increases or decreases
Sorry, no raise this month, but positively no cuts! I have to fill the glass. =)
Total income from dividend increases in 2021 – $ 122.74
July 2021 dividend income
13 companies paid us this month.
|shares||July 2020 income||July 2021 income|
|Expand||18.60 (3 drops)||sold|
|Riocan||30.60 (1 drop)||sold|
|Cisco||48.60 (1 drop)||$ 51.06|
|Transcontinental||26.55 (1 drop)||27.45 (1 drop)|
|TD Bank||99.54 (1 drop)||102.70 (1 drop)|
|Bank of Nova Scotia||89.10 (one drop)||92.70 (1 drop)|
|Intelligent Centers||24.82 (1 drop)||32.53 (1 drop)|
|Rit etf||0||65.13 (3 drops)|
|Telus||72.23 (3 drops)||82.21 (3 drops)|
|Algonquin force||46.25 (2 drops)||86.20 (4 drops)|
|Tc energy||115.71 (1 drop)|
|Bell Canada||73.26 (1 drop)||109.38 (1 drop)|
16 stocks down in July – that could be a new record!
Definitely our highest dividend payout to date. I’m happy that 3 different companies are now paying us over 100 each. We hope we can increase this to 4 by the next quarter. Overall, we see a year-on-year growth rate of 42.27%. Yes, the smile is probably 42% bigger as I write this too. =) Good times!
If you’re interested, check out our previous dividend reports.
Our drops (dividend reinvestment program) added $ 25.42 to our annual forward dividends this month
Private investment payment – $ 500.00
Nothing new here, just our regular monthly payment. (I don’t even have to edit this part every month) Steady Eddy …….
Income from solar panels
In June (we are always paid a month later) our solar system generated 1,340 kWh. Since we are bringing in a fixed price of 28.8 cents per kilowatt hour, Hydro One paid in $ 385.92 this month to our current account.
Last June the system generated $453.09 Big difference here. Is it the tree, the weather, or maybe even panels?
Total income for 2021 – $ 1,420.41
System installed in January 2018
Total system costs ——– $ 32,396.46
Total Income Received -—- $ 8,907.22
Break-even amount – $ -23,489.24
Total passive income in July 2021 – $ 1,757.92
July 2020 Passive Income – $ 1,591.62
Increase in total passive income compared to the previous year. – $ 166.30
A growth rate of 10.66% of our total passive income. Nice, even better when you consider that we also received an Amazon affiliate payment last year. 2k is going to be a great number.
TOffers for 2021
Total dividends year to date – $ 4,667.67
Other year-to-date passive income – $ 5,453.34
Total passive income for 2021 —– $ 10,121.01
Year-end target – $ 17,390.71 ——–% 58.19
We should be getting 8.3% a month and after 7 months we should be at 58.10%. We’re back on track, maybe we can predict something. =)
July 2021 purchases
I haven’t written a post about our last purchase in the last month, but I’ve continued to expand our portfolio.
We have started a new job in Finances from Manulife Once again. (I’ve sold it in the past but it’s going up and we could possibly start to see interest rates rising, I’d say early next year which would be huge for these insurance companies)
We bought 58 shares.
- Starting yield of 4.66%
- Payout ratio of around 40%
- 5-year div. Growth rate 10.90%
I plan to expand this position further. I really had planned this Friday again, but they put out a fantastic Q2 earnings report so let’s hope it doesn’t get too much.
This purchase added $ 64.96 to our total dividend.
9 more xaws have also been added to the portfolio.
Adding about $ 4.06 =)
In total, we’ve added $ 69,028 to this appointment income with new purchases
Update of financial targets
Raise dividends this year by $ 1,680.19. (which increases our forward dividend income to $ 8,329.13 per year)
- We have further expanded our dividend portfolio with new purchases, drips and dividend increases. Total growth so far in 2021 is $ 743.91 44.27% of our goal.
Minimum monthly purchase of $ 250
- This month we added 9 more units of xaw etf.
- Questrade * is great because it offers free ETF trades and cheaper stock trading options than most Canadian brokers. $ 250.00 a month would kill us if we had to pay high trading fees.
- * Note that the Questrade link is an affiliate link and at no additional cost to you I would receive a small payment if you sign up. However, you could get $ 50 in free trades using my link.
Conclusion on passive income from July 2021
I have to say July was a fantastic month all round. It’s great to see all the growth on the dividend front. These months are sure to keep growing. We had a wonderful month full of fun events and fantastic experiences. The summer really goes by in a flash, before you know it, the children will be going back to school ……. Please this year ??
By the way – Go Canada! I prefer the Winter Olympics, but it’s fun to sit back and cheer on our country. Did you see the 2 high jumpers split gold? History made, wow what a moment! Check it out here.
May the best of today be the worst of tomorrow – Jay Z
Hey, I’m Rob, Canadian Passive Income Creator.
In 2011, my wife and I were nearly $ 60,000 in debt and $ 7,000 in negative net worth. We paid for all of this through hard work and financial education. Now let’s focus on increasing our passive income streams to make the money work for us. Feel free to follow along the journey by clicking the social media links below or subscribing to be informed of new posts in the sidebar.