March 21, 2021 |
I am currently challenging myself to keep a budget of $ 70 for our family of six (two adults, two teenagers, one teen and one baby). This includes almost all of our breakfasts, snacks and dinners, as well as most household products (toiletries, women’s products, etc.). Jesse and I usually have lunch at home. The children have lunch at school.
Be sure to follow my Instagram stories for live updates. All of the posts on my $ 70 grocery budget can be found here.
I went shopping at Kroger last night and found some great deals. Lately I’ve gotten into the routine of shopping on Friday or Saturday nights – usually after 7:30 PM. I find it is a great time to shop as I usually find lots of discounts and there is hardly anyone in the store!
They had this huge cart with labeled bananas last night. We love buying bananas when tagged and freezing them for use in banana bread or smoothies.
I also found these nice sized sausage boxes for just $ 1! I thought maybe the price was wrong but no it was scanned as $ 1 at the checkout! Since I also wrote down eggs, we’re going to have breakfast one evening for dinner this week!
And the kids love having those oatmeal packets for breakfast, so I always fill up when they are priced at $ 0.99. With the Kroger digital voucher, you will receive 5 boxes for $ 0.99 each per shopping trip!
Kroger shopping spree
- 5 boxes of Kroger Instant Oatmeal – $ 0.99 each with the Kroger digital voucher
- 3 glasses of Kroger peanut butter – $ 1.25 each
- 5 cans of Rosarita Chilled Beans – up to $ 0.29 each
- Kroger Cherry Pie Filling – up to $ 0.25 each
- 2 dozen Simple Truth Eggs – up to $ 1.49 each
- 3 boxes of Simple Truth Sausage Links – $ 1 each
- Dannon yogurt – marked up to $ 1.49
- Eckrich Sausage – $ 2.50
- Ham – $ 3
- Half and half – $ 1.57
- Butter – $ 1.99 with the Kroger Digital Voucher
- Yoplait yogurt – reduced down to $ 1.29
- Bacon – $ 3.77
- Dannon yogurt – lowered all the way to $ 2.49
- Milk – $ 2.59
- 2 lbs. Ground beef – $ 3.50 each
- Freschetti Pizza – $ 3.49 with Kroger Digital Coupon
- PB&J ice cream – up to $ 0.49
- Apple juice – $ 1.50
- 3 sachets of apples – $ 0.99 each
- Bananas – up to $ 1.49
- Bread – $ 2.50
- Stirfry Kit – $ 2.49
- Salad Mix – $ 2.49
- Chocolate Chips – $ 1.99
- Total with Taxes: $ 67.75
Want to learn some of my best tips and tricks for cutting your grocery bill? Sign up here to receive my FREE leaflet on how to cut your grocery bill by $ 50 this week.
Subscribe for free Email updates from Money Saving Mom® and mine Freezer Cooking Guide free!
Read the newer post