- 2 dividend increases
- 4 passive sources of income
- $ 804.02 from dividends
- 10 stocks dropped in September
The market turns red for a few days and then shoots up a nice green again. Lots of people are now calling for a big crash. My thoughts – who knows. As always, the debt ceiling will be raised and the market will trend either sideways, up or down. Nobody knows. Dividends keep coming and I prefer to see some of those lower prices in the accumulation phase anyway.
Another great, busy month. We traveled a bit and went into tourist mode.
- The month started with us going to Montreal for the weekend. We saw a family, ate a ton of poutine, bagels, and smoked meat. Checked out the old port, did some zip lining. It was a great time. In fact, I remember going there a few years ago and wasn’t a fan. This time was great, the people in Montreal are very friendly, the walls were painted really cool and it was nice to see Cirque du Soleil go around town.
- The following weekend I went to one of their cottages with my hockey buddies for the weekend. We played poker most of the weekend. So this was a little different, but I went kayaks with a buddy and got skunk fishing. That was cool I think. I left $ 50 over the weekend so at least I didn’t lose my shirt.
- Our son is going back to school and our daughter is in full-time care, both of them love it. We hope things stay open this winter.
- My sister got married in Niagara this weekend, so we went there for the weekend. Dressed up properly for the first time in 2 years. Went there in tourist mode too. Tested the deodorant on this giant fariswheel, got soaked by the maiden of the fog, smoked the arcade and smashed those funnel cakes.
Another great month! This month we’re going to be inviting the whole family for Thanksgiving and planning to move to another cottage. I’m looking forward to Thanksgiving as we haven’t seen the woman’s entire family for over 2 years either. May your mashed potatoes be smoothed in sauce and your turkey be moist! Much is certain to be grateful for it.
All right, let’s get to our passive income in August 2021
Increases or decreases
- Microsoft increased its dividend by 10.7% to a beast of a stock. This increase adds $ 4.56 in forward earnings.
- Lockheed Martin came through with a gain of 7.6%. This adds $ 15.32 in appointment revenue.
Total income from dividend increases in 2021 – $ 142.62
Nice to see some raise again. Unfortunately, the general mills didn’t come through at that time as they did last year. I tell you, Lockheed still seems like a screaming bargain. I may have to add more =)
September 2021 dividend income
13 companies paid us this month.
|shares||September 2020 income||Income September 2021|
|Expand||18.84 (3 drops)||sold|
|Riocan||30.96 (2 drops)||sold|
|Brookfield Renewable Corp.||20.38||sold|
|Brookfield property||118.82 (7 drops)||sold|
|IBM||45.64 usd||45.92 usd|
|MSFT||2.55 usd||$ 10.64|
|Lockheed Martin||0||$ 46.80|
|JNJ||$ 33.33||45.58 usd|
|3M||$ 32.34||$ 32.56|
|Canadian National Railway||44.28||59.04|
|Manulife finances||0||37.24 (1 drop)|
|Intelligent Centers||25.13 (1 drop)||32.84 (1 drop)|
|Rit-ETF||0||65.54 (3 drops)|
|Renewable Brookfield||83.21 (1 drop)||86.23 (1 drop)|
|Enbridge||185.49 (4 drops)||239.65 (3 drops)|
|Canadian utilities||89.69 (2 drops)||94.12 (2 drops)|
11 stocks fell in September
Nice to see these months are now breaking the 800 mark! We continue to see all sales year on year. These were mostly monthly dividend payers who cut or did not increase the dividend. We sold Bepc after the spin-off and we sold bpy after the buyout announcement. Overall, I think the portfolio looks stronger in the long run, although I always think about our position at IBM.
If you’re interested, check out our previous dividend reports.
Our drops (dividend reinvestment program) added $ 20.15 to our annual forward dividends this month
Private investment payment – $ 500.00
Nothing new here, just our regular monthly payment. (I don’t even have to edit this part every month) Steady Eddy …….
Income from solar panels
In August (we always get paid a month later) our solar system generated 998 kWh. Since we are bringing in a fixed price of 28.8 cents per kilowatt hour, Hydro One paid in $ 287.43 this month to our current account.
Last August the system generated $300.38 A month down, it seems pretty obvious that this maple tree is killing our crops. The trees are beautiful however, it’s a guardian!
Total income for 2021 – $ 1,991.23
System installed in January 2018
Total system costs ——– $ 32,396.46
Total Income Received ——– $ 9,478.04
Break-even amount – $ -22,918.42
We have received $ 70 in affiliate income thanks to some of you for using our Questrade link. This is the 2nd month in a row! Thanks to all. We continue to use qt for our monthly ETF purchases.
Total passive income in September 2021 – $ 1,661.44
Passive Income in September 2020 – $ 1,541.76
Increase in total passive income compared to the previous year. – $ 119.68
A growth rate of 7.7%. Not huge, but still an improvement.
TOffers for 2021
Total dividends year to date – $ 5,794.68
Other residual income for the year to date – $ 7,164.15
Total passive income for 2021 – $ 12,958.83
Year-end target – $ 17,390.71 ——–% 74.51
We should be getting 8.3% a month and after 9 months we should be at 74.70%. Talk about the right goal. =)
Purchases in September 2021
We are continuing to expand our portfolio.
33 additional stocks added to portfolio. This purchase was made in childhood and childhood and we are now exhausted again for the year.
This purchase adds $ 115.50 to our forward dividends and should also allow us to drip an additional share per quarter. =)
We are expanding this position. Actually, I was thinking of creating a new rule and increasing any position in our portfolio if they increase their dividend by more than 10%. Algonquin did this in 2021 so I will be happy to add this position.
We bought 54 more stocks, adding $ 36.84 to that income.
9 more xaws have also been added to the portfolio.
Adding about $ 4.06 =)
In total, we’ve added $ 156.40 to this appointment income with these new purchases.
Update of financial targets
Raise dividends this year by $ 1,680.19. (which increases our forward dividend income to $ 8,329.13 per year)
- We have further expanded our dividend portfolio with new purchases, drips and dividend increases. The total increase so far in 2021 is $ 1,076.32 64.05% of our goal.
Minimum monthly purchase of $ 250
- This month we added 9 more units of xaw etf.
- Questrade * is great because it offers free ETF trades and cheaper stock trading options than most Canadian brokers. $ 250.00 a month would kill us if we had to pay high trading fees.
- * Note that the Questrade link is an affiliate link and at no additional cost to you I would receive a small payment if you sign up. However, you could get $ 50 in free trades using my link.
September 2021 Conclusion on passive income
I have to love these months, the income keeps rolling. We put a lot of change into our work and really did our best to enjoy life to the fullest. That’s what the end of the day is all about, right? Passive income is nice, but make sure you spend some of it on great experiences. Time flies by and on the whole life is really short.
I hope you all had a fantastic month too. With Thanksgiving around the corner, what are you most grateful for? How was your september
Stay great, there is greatness in you!
Thank you very much
Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself – George Bernard Shaw
Hey, I’m Rob, Canadian Passive Income Creator.
In 2011, my wife and I were nearly $ 60,000 in debt and $ 7,000 in negative net worth. We paid for all of this through hard work and financial education. Now let’s focus on increasing our passive income streams to make the money work for us. Feel free to follow along the journey by clicking the social media links below or subscribing to be informed of new posts in the sidebar.