There are over 100 million Americans today who don’t want or can’t have a credit card. Secured cards are the only other available option for credit building.
That is, until Extra comes out with a debit card that builds your creditworthiness.
Extra’s mission is to make credit building safer and more accessible for everyone, all with the familiarity and predictability of a debit card – no credit checks, no interest rates, and no hidden fees.
Extra is the first debit card that builds up your credit and collects points like a credit, simply without any problems.
How it works:
- Sign up by connecting your bank account and Extra will give you a spending limit based on your bank balance with no credit check.
- If you swipe your Extra Card, you will be recognized for this purchase and automatically paid back on the next working day.
- At the end of the month, they sum up all of your transactions and report them to credit bureaus as creditworthy payments.
Extra uses your expenses to build a credit history with major credit bureaus. What does extra is that by receiving your transactions and reporting them as on-time payments, also known as positive information, you look less risky to lenders. They report this positive information monthly, which can help improve your credit score.
Extra’s parent company, Fabric, has been building innovative fintech products for over 10 years. The company was founded in 2008 by Twitter co-founders Biz Stone and Jason Goldman to promote financial literacy.
Why should you use Extra?
Extra makes loan development easier and more accessible, while offering the same features and benefits as your everyday debit card.
You can use Extra to manage your money, pay bills, shop online and in-store, and receive direct deposits from your employer.
Get real-time fraud alerts and 24/7 fraud support from a real person when you swipe your card.
How much does it cost additionally?
Extra offers 2 pricing options for monthly or yearly plans:
Additional loan build-up – $ 8 / month
Rewards + Loan Buildup – $ 12 / month
- Build credit history
- Earn points for every purchase
- Exclusive access to extra shops
Additional Loan Buildup – $ 84 / year ($ 7 / month)
Rewards + Loan Buildup – $ 108 / year ($ 9 / month)
- Build credit history
- Earn points for every purchase
Additional fees are not hidden fees, which is especially good for people trying to build their credit.
Most credit-building products make money from interest rates, hidden fees, and the sale of personal information (particularly the “free” cards) – not extra.
How do you get the additional debit card?
It only takes a few minutes to apply for an extra debit card and you won’t get a credit check after signing up.
You must meet the following requirements:
- At least 18 years old
- US or Canadian bank account
- U.S. mailing address
Just click here on Apply Now and enter your phone number and email address and you will receive a code on your phone. After verification is complete, you can enter your personal information (full name, date of birth, address, SSN / ITIN) and link a US checking or savings account. Once approved, you will receive your Extra Card in the mail (can take up to 10 working days).
Additional advantages and disadvantages
Here are the benefits of the Extra Card:
- Your Extra Card can be used to improve your credit score by making purchases. With the extra card there is no risk of paying interest or getting into debt.
- If you enjoy using your debit card to manage your finances, Extra is well worth a look. It can help you build your bankroll without tying up your own money.
- You can earn rewards with the Extras Perks program. You can earn 1 point for every dollar you spend on your card and you get double the point for bonus categories like supermarkets, gas stations, and more.
- You can receive a virtual card while waiting for the physical card to arrive in the mail.
Here are a few things to keep in mind about the Extra Card:
- There’s a monthly fee of $ 7 for a basic plan or $ 12 for the plan that includes rewards.
- You will not have access to ATMs with your extra card.
Is the additional card legitimate?
It’s a legitimate way to build your credit score. The Extra Debit Card differs from most debit cards in that it can help you improve your balance and earn reward points. This card is a fantastic alternative when you want to improve your creditworthiness without a credit check, run into debt, or pay interest on your purchases.
frequently asked Questions
Extra is the first debit card to build your credit history and collects reward points like a credit card. Lenders use your credit history to determine if you’ve approved a line of credit and what interest rates and terms they can offer you.
No, Extra is not a secured card. They don’t require any deposits, have no interest fees, and allow users to keep their existing bank account! Since you are borrowing from yourself with a secured card, it is much less impressive compared to Extra for the credit bureaus.
Extra currently reports to both Equifax and Experian at the end of each month!
Extra should appear on your credit report from the 15th of the following month. If this is not the case, you should contact the Members Concierge in the Extra App.
Extra pays off daily, which means that your credit usage is always reset every 24 hours – imagine an auto-playing credit card with no interest. Because of this, you’ll never have to worry about going below the recommended 30% threshold again.
Additional evaluation summary
Extra is the first debit card that builds up your credit history and collects reward points like a credit card with your existing bank account.
You can literally:
- Build Your Credit (Without Debt)
- Keep your bank account
- No interest or surprises
- The best rewards store. Ever
Extra’s mission is to make credit building safer and more accessible for everyone.
When you purchase the card, you can join the growing community of over 75,000 members who are building funds with the debit card. (Only takes about 2 minutes)