April 7, 2021 |
I am currently challenging myself to keep a budget of $ 70 for our family of six (two adults, two teenagers, one teen and one baby). We also sponsor an eight month old but he only has the formula through his G-Tube at the moment and that’s all covered by state insurance. ). Jesse and I usually have lunch at home. The children have lunch at school.
Be sure to follow my Instagram stories for live updates. All of the posts on my $ 70 grocery budget can be found here.
I’ve been in the hospital for the past three days – our cute baby D had a cracked lip repair on Monday and had some complications as a result of the surgery. Until things are resolved, Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital will be my new home away from home!
Because of the surgery and a full weekend, I decided to just do a pickup order with Kroger. The only time we could figure it out to do the pickup was literally minutes before we had to go to surgery. So Jesse ran to Kroger to pick up our grocery order and I only had a few minutes to get things done, take pictures, and put things away. So these aren’t the best food photos I’ve ever posted! But hopefully you get the point! 🙂
By the way, when Jesse picked up the groceries, they gave him this bag of samples!
It was full of delicious snacks which were a blessing while we waited in the hospital waiting room during the operation!
Kroger shopping spree
- Bananas – $ 1.27
- 4 Betty Crocker Mixes – $ 0.50 with the weekly digital offering
- 2 Breath Savers Mints – $ 0.99 each with a weekly digital deal
- 2 pineapples – $ 1.29 each
- 3 pound bag of apples – $ 2.99
- Sweet Potatoes – $ 2.59
- Apple juice – $ 0.99
- 2 cans of Pringles – $ 0.99 each
- 5 boxes of pasta – $ 0.49 each
- Kroger cereal – $ 1.49
- 2 boxes of Cheerios – $ 1.79 plus used $ 1/2 digital voucher = $ 1.29 each
- Peanut Butter – $ 1.25
- Sugar – $ 2.49
- 2 sachets of frozen peas – $ 1 each
- 2 boxes of ice cream – $ 1.99 each
- Lettuce – $ 1.79
- 10 pound sack of potatoes – $ 3.99
- Turkey Breast – $ 2.50
- Half and half – $ 1.99
- Milk – $ 2.59
- Cage Free Eggs – $ 1.99
- 4 packs of cheese – $ 1.50 each when purchasing 4
- Total with taxes: $ 59.87
Subscribe for free Email updates from Money Saving Mom® and mine Instructions for frozen cooking free!
Read the newer post