Dreaming big often requires big savings, and one way to build your bank is to ditch your costly habits. Starbucks and DoorDash may seem like a quick and convenient way to do something good for yourself, but we firmly believe in trading the expensive things in order to find financial freedom.
The expenses of life can be surprising, but it will cut it at least one adds up in the long run.
At The Penny Hoarder, we’re about empowering people to make smart decisions with their money. To help someone start their savings account, We’re going to pay a person $ 5,000 to break one of their most stubborn buying habits and save money for 30 days – that’s long enough to find a new, happier way to hoard your pennies.
If you’re looking for a fun challenge to change your spending habits, apply now!
What is the job
We’re hiring a penny hoarding specialist to curb an area of their spending while they boost their savings accounts. If you choose this option, you will track your expenses and savings over the 30 days and tell us about the experience.
The challenge could be simply spending less on something by staying at home or replacing one habit with another, more frugal one. And if you need help with your budget, try one of our most popular spend tracking apps.
Who are we looking for?
If you know you can save an expense in your life in order to save more, we’d love to hear from you. We’re open to all kinds of ideas, but here are a few examples of what we’d like to see:
- Do you always stop at the cafe for a big drink and goodies? Instead, prepare your morning brew at home and enjoy the view from your window.
- How many times did you order a delivery in the last month? You could try planning meals with your family – make it a fun group activity.
- Are you an online shopping superstar? Maybe you will love the idea of becoming a thrift store hero and posting your favorite finds.
What will you get
Our penny hoarding specialist will receive $ 5,000 in payment for completing the challenge and we’ll interview you for a story on The Penny Hoarder!
What will you do?
After you are selected for the job, give up a costly habit for 30 days and invest that money in savings, tracking your progress throughout the challenge each week. We also want you to take notes on how you feel about the experience.
At the end of the 30 days, you report how much money you have saved and how the challenge went. (Was it easier or harder than you thought? Did you stumble on the way? What advice would you give someone else trying this challenge?)
Dates and details
Applications are possible from August 30, 2021 to September 19, 2021.
We will announce our Penny Hoarding Specialist on September 30th.
Subscribe to our email newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to find out who is taking up the challenge and getting paid to save!
Who can qualify?
Anyone can challenge themselves to save, but applicants for this job must be at least 18 years of age and eligible to work in the United States.
How do you apply?
Build up your savings
We are happy that you viewed this savings challenge and hope that you would like to apply. While we only pick one candidate, we know everyone can use a few friendly tips and reminders to steer their cash flow towards savings.
We also recognize that the pandemic has left millions of people with destroyed emergency savings and now up to 31% of Americans are struggling to save as much as they used to. But if you overspend and protect your financial future during the pandemic, hopefully you can get back on track.
We all want more financial freedom and less money stress. Check out our other items:
Terms and Conditions
- The Penny Hoarding Specialist Dream Job promoter (the “Dream Job”) is Clear Link Technologies, LLC d / b / a The Penny Hoarder (“Promoter”), headquartered at 5202 W Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84116.
- Employees of the organizer or their family members or other persons who are in any way connected with the dream job or who help set up the dream job are not allowed.
- Dream Job is open to residents of the US and DC 50 who are 18 years of age or older as of August 30, 2021, or who are of legal age under the laws of the state in which you reside to apply for the Dream Job.
- DREAM JOB INVALID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- NO STARTING FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO APPLY FOR THIS DREAM JOB. A purchase or other consideration from applicants will not improve the chances of being selected for the dream job.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this dream job, applicants waive all rights and hold the promoter harmless from any claims, liabilities, losses, injuries, damages (including punitive, incidental and consequential damages) or costs (including legal fees). arising from or in connection with participating in this dream job or the acceptance, use or misuse of a prize. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. The organizer is not responsible for: late, incomplete or incorrect applications; an applicant’s failure to receive price notifications due to the applicant’s spam, junk email, or other security settings, or the applicant’s failure to provide incorrect or otherwise non-working contact information; technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communication, regardless of whether they are caused by the sender or by devices or programming associated with this dream job are or are used in this; any human error that may arise in processing the applications for this dream job; or typographical, technological or other errors in the publication of the offer, the administration of the dream job or the announcement of the recipient of the dream job (“recipient”).
- You can find the path to your dream job and details on how to apply at https://www.thepennyhoarder.com/make-money/side-gigs/cut-spending-dream-job/. Individuals can apply by completing the application form on The Penny Hoarder’s website.
- The promoter will begin accepting applications beginning August 30, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. EDT. The closing date for entries is 09/19/2021 at 11 p.m. EDT. After this date, no further applications for the dream job are possible.
- Applicants will be submitted regardless of mental or physical disability, race, skin color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected federal, state / provincial or municipal status assessed independently of the execution of the work.
- The promoter will select one (1) recipient from the entire pool of eligible applicants. The recipient will be selected based on the quality of the application, which will be assessed by the promoter’s staff.
- The promoter will inform the recipient of his or her selection as a dream job recipient on September 30, 2021. If the recipient cannot be contacted, is not eligible or the opportunity to participate in the dream job is not within 7 days of. The organizer reserves the right to withdraw the offer from the recipient and to select a replacement recipient.
- ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF THE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR: The recipient acknowledges that the participation in the dream job is as an independent contractor. Accepting the dream job does not intend or create an agency, partnership, joint venture or employee-employer relationship. The recipient is not authorized to bind the organizer to contracts or to make agreements or assurances without the written consent of the organizer. The recipient is not entitled to take part in vacation, group health or life insurance, disability, profit-sharing or retirement benefits, or any other fringe benefits or benefit plans offered by the promoter to his employees. The Promoter is not responsible for withholding or paying any income, payroll, social security or other federal, state or local taxes, making any insurance contributions, including unemployment or disability, or taking out employee compensation insurance on behalf of the recipient. The recipient acknowledges that the amounts received under this dream job will be subject to all applicable taxes. The recipient is solely responsible for any such tax or contribution, including penalties and interest.
- Dream Job is to track the recipient’s spend and savings for 30 days on a Google Sheet provided by The Penny Hoarder. The promoter will inform the recipient of how to meet the requirements for the dream job. Recipient must meet Dream Job terms to receive the full $ 5,000 scholarship.
- This dream job is performed by the promoter and is in no way endorsed, managed, or associated with any third party or third party products or their affiliates.
- Upon completion of the dream job, the recipient will receive a one-time payment of $ 5,000.00. The promoter distributes the funds no later than 90 days after the recipient fulfills the dream job requirements.
- No cash alternative to the dream job is offered. The opportunity to participate in the Dream Job is not transferable.
- By accepting the opportunity to participate in the dream job, the recipient consents to the use of his name and picture in promotional material without further compensation, unless this is prohibited by law. The personal data of the recipient or other applicants are used exclusively in accordance with the applicable federal and state data protection laws. Further information can be found in the data protection declaration.
- As far as legally required, the name of the recipient will be made available on request 28 days after the closing date. To find out the name of the recipient, please send the application in a stamped and addressed envelope to the following address:
5202 W Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84116.
- The organizer reserves the right to cancel or change this dream job and these terms and conditions without prior notice.
- The organizer’s decision on all matters related to the dream job is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Dream Job and these Terms and Conditions are governed by Utah law and all disputes are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Utah courts.
- By submitting an application for this dream job, applicants agree to these terms and conditions.
This dream job is managed by The Penny Hoarder and is not affiliated, sponsored or endorsed with any of the parties above.